Friday, September 17, 2010

Goose

My cat has had several names over her little lifetime. Her real name is Bella Bean. Have we ever called her that? Umm.. maybe like 4 times when we first got her. I really thought that was a good cat name and something that would stick. Yeah...no. I never call her Bella. I have this thing where everything has a nickname (Cody has millions), and just like everything else, as soon as the cat came to live with us, she got nicknames! My mom still calls her Bella or Bella Button.. haha.

Most of the time she's Kitty. Then it transformed into Kitty Boo. Then just Boo. Then there are others that just come out of my mouth like Kit Kat, Kiky, Kiky Boo, Boo Boo, Girly and there are lots more I can't think of right now. As she got older, she started doing really crazy stuff, and I would say she was being a silly goose or that she was loosey goosey. And that's when we (I) started calling her Goose. Somehow, that name is sticking more than any other name.. and it's a name of another animal! I asked Cody if we could officially change her name at the vet (like having her name on the vet file makes it official), and he said no. Oh well... she'll probably do something else to make us have a new nickname for her soon anyway..

And this is what she thinks about me and all of the names I have for her.

1 comment:

Harbert House said...

we do the SAME thing!! i call my cat different names all the time. but her name is supposed to be Freckles. for the first 6 weeks we had her, robert would change her name on purpose to try to keep her from becoming 'permanent' in the house since he wasn't sure if he wanted to keep her =]