Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Out With the Old, In With the New

At the end of August, I said goodbye to the old mustang. I got this car in the summer of 2004, and had it paid off for a year before we started looking for something new. For most of the time that I drove this car, the driver's side window wasn't able to be rolled down without popping out of place. I went for years without rolling it down and not going through drive thrus for years!! I finally got it fixed this past summer, and was able to put the convertible top down again. Now that's it's gone, I sort of miss it... but not that much!

Hugging my car goodbye right before I handed over the keys at the dealership....

About a year ago, Cody and I started talking about getting a new, bigger car for me to drive. We wanted something family friendly, but not a van, and something that would last for a long time. We talked about several different midsize SUV's but we finally found the perfect one! I had this desire for a long time to get a Tahoe, but it was just a little too big. I really wanted that 3rd row that the Tahoe had to offer because I picture myself being that mom that carts my kids and their friends around... I know.. that's way in the future.. but it was in the back of my mind! After talking about it for a while, we just decided to get an SUV with 2 rows. Well after looking around and test driving some, I drove the Toyota Highlander. One of my main wants in my new car was to ride super smooth. The Highlander not only ran perfectly, but it had a 3rd row!!!! : ) I was thrilled! I knew instantly it was the car I'd be getting. It's perfect, I love it, and I'm so thankful Cody loved it too! Every time I get in it, I get excited! I even picked something up out of the back seat the other day and got so happy about how much space there was back there and about how I didn't have to turn sideways and duck under a seatbelt to reach the back floorboard (like in my Mustang). So I got upgraded to my perfect car - my Highlander!

Ain't she pretty??

Can you see my 3rd row back there.. haha.. it really is one of my favorite parts of this car! : )

No comments: