Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

This year for Valentine's Day, we spent the day in Houston. Instead of just hanging around the house all day and having a long wait at a restaurant around Beaumont, we decided to eat at some not so romantic restaurants. But that was okay with us because these are our favorite places to eat! I got La Madeleine for lunch, and for Cody we went to Freebirds for dinner. To kill time between lunch and dinner, we spent the day at the Galleria. I was on a mission to find jeans and shoes, but I couldn't find anything. So it was pretty much a wasted day of shopping. I had fun though, but Cody was not excited about walking around the entire mall!

At La Madeleine in the Galleria eating - yum!

Cody wasn't that thrilled about taking pictures.. but I had to get a shot of him eating his favorite meal...

While at the Galleria, we got a call from Cody's mom asking us to go on a search for some curtains. That was an adventure into the scary parts of Houston! But we got the curtains, and hurried back to Highland Village so we could shop at Crate and Barrel before it closed. I wish I had more cabinet space because I could have bought so much stuff from there. I love kitchen stuff!! Then we went over to Pottery Barn. I could have bought everything from there, too! After all of the shopping, we finally decided it was time to get dessert. We planned to just get some ice cream near Freebird's while we were close by, but we were too stuffed from eating giant burritos. We ended up going to a cafe called Ruggles. My parents and their friends found this place a while back, and they go there a lot when in Houston. They have great dessert!! We ended up getting the Domino Cake. It was huge and wonderful and we it all! : )

Chocolate cake - a perfect way to end Valentine's Day with my husband!

1 comment:

Amy and Matthew said...

yumm..that cake looks good! :)