Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ready for Christmas!

We have a Christmas tree! I've been hunting for one that will fit in our little apartment, and I finally found it at Lowe's. I know it's October, but it's never too early to start shopping for Christmas stuff! I even went to Hobby Lobby and bought 3 boxes of ornaments. Only 6 more weeks until we can put it up and decorate. I found a Cowboys ornament for Cody so he has to help me decorate, even if he is just hanging the one ornament.

Cody comes home tomorrow - FINALLY! He's been in Vegas all week at a conference for work. I've been lonely, but I really haven't had much time to miss him because I've been SO busy with school. My unit plan is almost done. I only have 2 more lessons to teach.... and the music teacher is evaluating me.... weird. And now for a strange moment we had in the middle of reading "Sarah, Plain and Tall" today.

Mrs. C: Would you please take that gum out of your mouth?
Kid: No, umm...it's not gum.
Mrs. C: Then what is it?
Kid: It's my fingernail.

Ugh.. these kids are so gross sometimes. I've seen two kids this week yank their teeth out and gush blood all over the place. Nothing grosses me out more than pulling teeth. One girl keeps telling me she throws up in her mouth a little. I mean really.. gross. I don't want to hear it, but I guess it comes with the job.....

OK - enough for today. Maybe Cody will come home with some good pictures for me to put up on here... check back...all 3 of you who read this = )

No comments: