Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween and Football

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays!! I love to see the little trick-or-treaters in their cute costumes! And I love to carve pumpkins. Me and Cody each got our own pumpkin to carve. Our apartments are pretty plain looking on the outside, so we had to spruce it up with our pumpkins! Too bad they shriveled up... they weren't cute for long!

This is our "porch"

For the past few years, Cody has gotten his pumpkin stencils from www.homestarrunner.com.... This year's pumpkin was Trogdor. Notice the toothpick holding the teeth. He accidently cut them off!
My pumkin was cute the first day. I forgot to take a picture before the sun shriveld it up. I had to secure it with a toothpick to keep it from falling over. It looked totally different when it was first carved. Some edges actually disappeared so it looks really strange.


On Halloween night, we made three stops. First, my older brother was in town after a deer hunting trip in Oklahoma so we had Olive Garden (YUM) with him and my family. Then we stopped by my old neighborhood to see some friends. They usually have a cute little spook house on their front porch. It brought back lots of memories of my childhood trick-or-treating days. We had so much fun back then!!! After that stop, we headed to Cody's parents to pass out candy and make smores. It was so fun. Me and Carrie actually had some of our students stop by. They seem shocked that we do things outside of school. After a while, the Ruckers stopped by after their church Halloween thing. Good thing they did because I finally got to wear a costume! I borrowed Aimee's pumpkin costume for a while!

Today, West Brook played Sterling. My uncle is the head coach for Sterling, so all of the family came to see the game. We had to sit on the Sterling side... West Brook won though.. sorry Uncle Herb!
Here's the gang: Grandma, Lynda, Dave, John, David, Dad, Darlene, and Courtney

Here's West Brook's band (or what's left of it...)

Marching....

Uncle Herb in action!
So - we've had a fun couple of days. And we should be having lots more because of the upcoming holidays and Cody's birthday. This is my favorite time of the year, and I'm so glad I get to spend it all with Cody! I love being married.. it's so fun.

No comments: