Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Squall

The last couple of days at school were spent writing sentences with our new vocabulary words. Squall was one of them, so here's the definition and a sentence one of my students wrote:

squall (n.) - a strong gust of wind that arises very suddenly

"Do you know what a squall mean?"

I saw this and immediately started laughing because Cody and I had just talked about writing sentences like that when we were in elementary school. Our most commonly used sentence would be something more like this:

"Squall is one of our vocabulary words."

Later on in the day, I was having a conversation about the word squall to help a boy write his sentence. He kept trying to say it, but he just couldn't say it right. He said, "I don't know how y'all say that word. My teeth are too big to say it right." I've never heard that one before... it's so hard to not laugh at these kids in front of their face. Poor babies. They are so cute though! Even when we decorate the room with large wood paddles. = )

No comments: