Sunday, February 7, 2010

My First Wedding

This weekend was my first wedding as the wedding coordinator for the church. It was a really busy weekend, but I had lots of fun doing it! Peniel Roxas and Justin Griffin are long time members of our church, and their dads are both ministers at Calvary. I've known Justin most of my life Peniel for a long time too. It was fun to be a part of their wedding!

As wedding coordinator, I don't do much planning, I just make sure everything is ready to go. I have to reserve the room they are using for the ceremony and dressing rooms. I have to get with the media guys and make sure they have everything they need. I have to get with maintenance and figure out when to open and lock doors and figure out who is cleaning when. I have to make sure on rehearsal and decorating day everything is in place. And on the wedding day I run around like crazy!! They were starting their wedding at 4:00, and boy, did that come quick! I had to race to my door to open it up, tell people when to walk, and then run back to the other door and make sure the father of the bride has his lighter (which he didn't - my fault)... it was crazy there for a little while! But we made it through! They hired another lady to coordinate also, so it was GREAT that she was there too for my first wedding! : )

Friday was the rehearsal dinner which they had in V2. Peniel and Justin went to Baylor, so it was all a green and gold theme! It turned out really cute! I didn't get a picture of the entire room which I could just kick myself for forgetting to do that! I'm trying to keep up a photo album to show brides different set ups... oh well. I did get a picture of the table though..
Saturday was a long, but really fun day! I got there early to let the flower ladies in to set up. I got a few pictures before everyone got to the church. It looked really great. During the wedding, the lights were dimmed, and it was really pretty!! Here's a few from the back of the sanctuary.
A view from the middle....
I just LOVED the flower arrangements! They were so huge and pretty!
Mr. and Mrs. Griffin!!
After the wedding, I had to wait until the pictures were done to start cleaning up. I thought clean up would take hours, so I just thought going to the recption was out of the question. I had organized the way I would clean up a couple of days before, so it made the clean up go really quickly! It took me about an hour. I had the help of 2 maintenance guys who helped me with heavy boxes and stuff that was just too heavy to carry back to the wedding closet. The media guy cleaned up his own stuff. But I was surprised that I cleared the stage and the bride's room really quickly!

I decided I would try to run over to the reception to see if I could hang out before they all left. To my surprise, right when I got there was the time when they were starting to serve dinner. So I didn't miss anything after all! I was excited to get to go! We had a great dinner, delicious cake, bubble tea (which I did not try - eww), and dancing! Now.. I usually do not dance at weddings because I just don't know how. I've never really liked it. I decided what the heck - everyone else looks like a fool, so I met up with Amber, Jerri K and Sabrina and we danced the rest of the night! It was really fun, and I'm glad I wasn't just sitting around. It's good to let loose like that every now and then! I was completely exhausted last night, and I yawned my way through church this morning! It was a fun weekend, but I'm very glad I have until May until the next wedding!!!

2 comments:

Lori York said...

Sounds like you had a BLAST!!!

Theresa, Chris, Aidan and Logan said...

Wow! I had no idea you were doing that at the church. That is awesome. I am also glad to see you post here - it has been a while, but I wasn't going to say anything. :)