Sunday, February 28, 2010

It's Official...

I've really lost weight! For the past 7 weeks, I've been getting B12 + Lipotropic injections and taking an appetite suppressant. I always wondered if that would work for me. I decided at the beginning of January I was going to give it a try. My first appointment was January 8th, and I've been faithful to go back and get the injection every Friday since then.

I did think it was weird to want to get a shot once a week because I've never really been a big fan of needles, but it hasn't been bad. I hardly feel it anymore! I get such a thrill out of going there each Friday because they weigh me first thing when I get there. It's very exciting to see my weight go down each week! My first appointment I set a goal to lose 45 pounds. I hadn't thought about it before the nurse asked what my goal weight was. I just threw out a weight I was before (about 2 years ago) and she said, "Okay, you can do that!" I thought it was crazy to set that big of a goal at first, but heck - I'm 1/3 of the way there already! I can do this!!!

This past Friday was my 2nd appointment with the nurse. I'm supposed to go every 4 weeks for a nurse visit to take measurements, talk about my progress, and get my pill refilled. I didn't get an appointment when 4 weeks came around, so I had to wait a while longer. I was really excited for this 2nd visit with the nurse because of my measurements. She told me losing inches is really easy! And she was right! I've lost 6 inches total (bust, waist, and hips). I'm so excited about that! I mean... I know my brand new jeans are fitting VERY loosely, but it was just really cool to have that confirmed with measurements! I even wore the same outfit that I wore to my first appointment to make it more accurate! I'm just really excited about the weight coming off, and I am looking forward to losing more! It sometimes seems to be all I talk about, but it's just really cool right now!

On this weight loss program, I've been eating different. I wouldn't say healthy though. I still don't eat veggies like I should... but I have been cutting WAY back on how much I do eat. A lot of that comes from the appetite suppressant I'm taking, so I can't really take all of the credit for having so much self control. The pill definitely controls my hunger. Some days I could go without eating lunch even though I know it's horrible! I really try not to do that, but when I've been super busy at work, it works for me. I really haven't done it that much though. I really do notice myself getting fuller faster which is great! I wish I could do that without the pill though.. that would be nice!

Through the first 6 weeks of this, I hadn't worked out a single day and still lost all of the weight. That just goes to show you how crazy it is! But.... last week I finally started doing physical activity! Some friends of mine from church go running around in their neighborhood. I've NEVER been one to run. For one, I can't do it without my side hurting. Seriously... I could only go like 1/4 a mile before I have to quit. And sometimes my knees and/or ankles would feel like they would just give out under me. I've always been scared to run because of that. Well, last Tuesday I decided to meet up with my friends and try to run. I warned them that I'd probably be walking way behind them, but they encouraged me to give it a try anyway. They didn't tell me how long the route was until afterward. I had run 1 mile without stopping. I walked for about another 1/4 a mile at the end because my feets literally stopped running without me even knowing it.. it was kinda funny... I wasn't disappointed because I'd gone farther than ever before!

The next day, we met up again, and I ran 1.5 miles - and that time I didn't walk at all!! Thursday, I ran 2.5 miles, and Saturday morning I went 3! The rest of the girls ran 4... but I quit! haha... I wasn't feeling 4 yet, but I was proud that I did 3 without stopping! It was HARD too. I thought it was never going to end. They are trying to talk me into running the gusher May 1st, but I don't know about. They want to sign up for the 1/2 marathon which is 13.1 miles... ummm... what? I can barely do 3 without almost dying... how could I do 13.1 miles? Well.. they give you 7 hours to cross the finish line, so I could walk a lot of it I guess. It wouldn't be tooooo bad. But still... that's a long way! Not sure yet if I'll do it.. but I do know I'll keep running with my girls! It's been really fun, and I'm glad I'm finally exercising!

And... I was trying on some of my old pants tonight, and I can fit in some of them again!! WOOHOO!!

1 comment:

Amy and Matthew said...

Yay Julia! That's awesome! :) I like the shorts on the other post. :) I always read the comments of the other customers and then wish I hadn't b/c I don't like what they say and it's always half love it and half hate it.