Friday, July 31, 2009

Goodbye Apartment, Hello House!

Today was our last day to have the apartment. Not that we have even been there recently, but we had to pay for the entire month of July. A while back, I decided to take pictures of the apartment, so if you never saw it - here are a few pictures!

The living room

The kitchen

Our bathroom
We are all moved into our house. We have been for quite a while. The first day we got to go in, both toilets started leaking. It ruined the carpet in our master bathroom, so until we tile it, it's just ugly cement. Recently, the garage door broke - so was another expense to have it repaired. I'm not crazy about being a homeowner since you have to fix everything yourself! But.. it is nice to have a bigger place!

The first thing that HAD to be changed was this wallpaper in the kitchen. As you can see below it was awful. I started to peel some off and started realizing it was 3 layers of wallpaper thick. We got 1 1/2 layers off, put Kilz over it, then textured it! Well... I say we, but I really mean Cody's mom. She was AWESOME, and did it all for us. We helped peel wallpaper, but she did the other stuff. I found a nice shade of green, and we painted! It looks so much better. I love my kitchen. We still have to paint the cabinets though. And that does not sound fun because my kitchen will be a mess again. Oh well, it's worth it to have a beautiful kitchen!

Before:

After:

1 comment:

Theresa, Chris, Aidan and Logan said...

So glad to see you update! I am also glad to see the pictures. We are coming in this weekend and maybe we could swing by your house. I would love to see it in person!

See you soon!